The Sub-Branch has a team of qualified Compensation Advocates who have undergone formal training to prepare claims to the Department of Veterans Affairs on your behalf. Advocates are qualified to assist in the preparation of claims under the following Acts:
- Veteran Entitlement Act (VEA);
- Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (Defence Related Claims) (DRCA); and
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (MRCA).
Additionally, assistance can also be provided in requesting a review of a decision or an appeal of a decision to the Veterans Review Board.
Our Compensation Advocates are all volunteers, who undergo continuous refresher training and mentoring and are ready to assist any current or ex-service member with a claim or appeal to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
To assist with coordinating day to day living, or general enquiries, the Sub-Branch has a team of Welfare Advocates who are able to answer many and varied questions in regards to the Welfare of all current or ex-service members.
These services may even be as simple as a visit for a chat or assistance with issues that concern an individual or their family. While not limited to, services that can be assisted with are:
- Initial contact to ascertain what type of assistance is available
- Veterans home care
- Veterans home maintenance coordination
- DVA transport coordination
- Health issues
- Access to Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Services (VVCS)
- Assistance with coordinating My Aged Care
- Various information on Aged Care Accommodation
- Access to the Veterans Affairs Network (VAN)
- Hospital, Aged Care and home visits